Another posting with education news. October 15th already passed, so I guess I have to publish this way unfinished post before it gets too late. If you come accross anything that might be worth mentioning in this series, please drop me a note or, even better: drop it on the edu-eu mailinglist!
FSFE Edu-Team activities
- Sebastian reports from the OER conference in Berlin which took place on Sep 14/15
- I attended the European Coordinators Meeting in Berlin and informed the other coordinators about our activities so far.
- Sebastian and I met along the coordinators meeting as well.
- The before mentioned TuxCamp workshop, insallation party and barcamp took place in Dreieich, Germany.
- Another SUGAR digest by Walter Bender
- Charlie Reisinger presents five FS tools ‘for less stress and better learning’.
- Edubuntu 13.10 Beta 1 released
- Desktop4education version 2013.1 released
- Skolelinux 7.1 released (Thanks to Andreas Glaeser for the hint!)
The European Commision launched a new website, called openeducationeuropa.eu. I haven’t had the chance to have a closer look yet.
- Linux-Informationstage Oldenburg (Germany) Nov 15/16 2013 (Skolelinux will be there, too)
- An Edu workshop taking place on Nov 16 in Ivrea, Italy
- /ch/open educational conference in March 2014 (German)
As always, if you have any infos on news or events that might be of interest to Free Software activists in education, please let me know or dump it on the edu-eu mailinglist!