FSFE Edu-Team activities
As in the previous months, we continued the work on the education pages on fsfe.org. One task on this was to get permission from all contributors to the education leaflets to have them relicensed under cc-by-sa 4.0.
We decided that we will have our first meeting next year in Brussels around FOSDEM \o/
And as reported earlier in this blog, I participated in this years Froglabs at FrOSCon.
- Londonderry, North Ireland: Inkscape workshop
- Raspberry Pi robotics challenge competition rules announced
- VALS Semester of Code open for project idea submissions
- Bryan Behrenshausen on how Professors embed students directly into Free Software communities
- post by Larry Cuban how some edu reforms last and others don’t by example of the Logo programming language: Tissue Paper Reforms: Coding for Kindergartners
- As the registration for a Rails Girls “Organizers and Coaches Weekend” in Helsinki opened (see future events), there was also a nice blog post how such a workshop looked like in Auckland
- Kids Are Learning to Code With a Slice of Raspberry Pi
- another Azúcar update (Spanish)
- and yet another here and one more
- At the last Randa meeting, KDE developers worked on educational software as well as Mircos post tells us.
- Libre Music Production is looking for contributors as they are working on educational material for the production of audio files: “By providing hands-on material submitted by the community, such as guides, tutorials, articles and news updates, Libre Music Production shows you that there is great FLOSS audio software out there, and also how to practically use that software to make music.”
- An update on Pi2go robotic kits
- August, 2014: A group of Free Software enthusiasts visit schools in the cities of Bratislava, Košice, Poprad and Žilina again
- Sep 5-7, 2014: workshop Fab4Teachers: 3D-printers in schools in Oldenburg, Germany
- Sep 12-13, 2014: OERDE14 – The Future of Free Education Materials, Berlin
- Sep 13-14, 2014: Rails Girls “Organizers and Coaches Weekend” in Helsinki (registration is already open!)
- Sep 20, 2014: Software Freedom Day Maybe it is not too late to start a little event in a schoold nearby!
- Oct 11 – 17, 2014: CodeWeek.eu Something like SFD or DFD for learning to code. An initiative by the Young Advisors and the EC,
- Oct 17 – 19, 2014: OLPC San Francisco Community Summit – online participation possible Oct 25, 2014: not really FS related, but still: OER Cologne
Thanks to all contributors!