FSFE Edu-Team activities
- we continued the work on the edu-team pages
- Wolf-Dieter trained a whole group of teachers (no link available :/)
- Kevin is still busy with the NLedu campaign
- we answered several (inquiries provided help with argumentation in favor of Free Software, provided contacts regarding tablets and Coderdojo, kept in touch with other activists, …)
- published blog post about how to “Teach programming with Free Software“
- Thomas and I switched coordinator titles
- Pretty cool: Dad gets daughters into robotics early by using a RaspberryPi
- In Tackling the challenges of Free Software adoption in education Scott Wilson analyses the results of a recent survey by OSS-watch UK. Interoperability and lack of support were the main reasons for not selecting Free Software – a chicken-and-egg problem.
- How a hacker slumber party gets girls into code
- There was a Scratch, Squeak and Smalltalk: ROUGOL meeting in London on 19th May
- Another SUGAR digest by Walter Bender
- Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain: Edulibre writes about more workshops with Free Software
- An update on Vitalinux and how to use mandated Windows binaries with WINE (as far as I got it from an auto translation from Spanish)
- The Xunta de Galicia continues its 2014 Free Software plan (Spanish)
- More news from Spain: The education sector in the Basque Region is increasingly switching to Free Software
- Warsaw to donate PCs to school for Linux labs
- June 16: MOODLE@SCHULE-day Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany
- August 9-15: KDE edu Randa meeting (please register!)
- August 23-24: This year’s FrOSCon will have the Froglabs again, a two day workshop for kids with Freedroidz, PyGame, Blender and much more Free Software! See also Matthias blog post about it!
Thanks to all contributors!