The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella;
But chiefly on the just, because
The unjust steals the just’s umbrella.
On these fine Christmas, I want people to consider who are the just in the modern world.
- The big media corporations censoring the Internet or heroic filesharing communities fighting for a free Internet?
- The big media corporations suing college kids or the college kids who are good neighbours and avid art fans?
- The big technology corporations suing people to keep them from using the products they paid for or the free software communities sneering at unjust patent systems?
- Patent trolls or the ones fighting to abolish the patent system?
- People who relentlessly take advantage of the developing world or the fair trade movement?
- Wikileaks or the national governments protecting their citizens and sources?
- The national governments protecting their fat arses or Wikileaks?
- Politicians and preachers sneaking religion into government or militant secularists?
- The Big Brothers or the Little Brothers?
Take action against Internet censorship! | Invent ways to game the system! | Use Tor! | Use as much crypto as possible! | Use BitTorrent! | Make it IMPRACTICAL to track and sue us! | Also, it’s better not to trust anyone over 25.
And the rain is beautiful. Let it rain on us now and then. But let us keep our eaves, roofs and homes — our sanctums. Happy Christmas and may the next ones be a little freer.