Your government doing advertisement for non-free software. Public administrations buying non-free software without a public tender. Children in school who just learn to use proprietary software. Since 2001 Free Software Foundation Europe is working for Free Software in the political sphere. In our track at FSCONS we offer an insight into present practices in the public administration throughout the world, potentials risks for the Free Software community, and what each one of us can do to increase software freedom.
In "Free Software in Politics" track we have:
- Sat 10:00 – 10:45 Talk: The water in which we swim – Policy issues around Free Software (Karsten Gerloff)
- Sat 11:00 – 11:45 Talk: Non-free software advertisement presented by your government (Matthias Kirschner)
- Sat 12:00 – 12:45 Talk: Free Software in the Swedish public sector (Daniel Melin)
- Sat 15:15 – 16:00 Talk: "Use the edge, strong man!" – Free Software in the European Parliament (Erik Josefsson)
- Sat 16:15 – 17:00 Talk: Catch them early – Free Software in education (Guido Arnold)
- Sat 17:15 – 18:00 Workshop: Hands-on decentralization with PageKite (Bjarni Runar Einarsson)
Beside that on Friday we will have a full day Fellowship meeting where we will prepare the Ilove Free Software campaign, the Document Freedom Day, do a PDFreaders bug sprint, and have a feedback session about our work.
Looking forward to see you there.