From August 21. to 26. there is Campus Party in Berlin. I was asked beforeif I can make suggestions for good speakers from the Free Software community.That is what I did. So beside the already announced keynote speakers like Jon “maddog” Hall, MarkSurman (Mozilla Foundation), and Rainey Reitman (EFF) to following talks will take place in the Free Software track:
- Amir Taaki - Bitcoin: money backed by code and maths, not laws and politics
- Daniel Kinzler - Wikidata: implementation and integration of Wikipedia´s next big thing
- Hugo Roy – Why Free Software needs Network Neutrality?
- Lydia Pintscher - Free Software: Your chance to change the world and how to get there
- Matthias Kirschner – An endangered species: computer as a universal machine
- Matthias Kirschner – The FSFs – Fighting for your freedom, since 1985
- Peter Bubestinger - Record. Mix. Master: professional audio production with Free Software
- Torsten Grote – Free your Android: Reclaim your phone
I also suggested the following speakers, which are now confirmed for other tracks:
- Alessandro Rubini – THOS: Two Hour Operating System
- Frank Karlitschek - Free Software and Cloud Data Storage
- Hugo Roy – Terms of Services: Didn´t Read!
Tickets cost €128 and gives you access to all activities during the entiresix days of Campus Party Europe in Berlin. The CP Village is outfitted withtents, bathrooms, showers and 24/7 access to food vendors. Camping in theVillage is €64, tents included.
Until the July 30 you can buy your ticket using this registration form, and 30 people out of the registrations using thislink will win a gratis ticket to the event.
This will be an interesting week and I am looking forward to see you at thein Berlin.