I’ve been far too busy to write much here about my activities. What have I been working on?
Free software. And permaculture and other things, but mainly free software. The last weeks, we’ve been working on organizing this year’s LibreOffice conference in Aarhus. As part of that, we’re organizing Denmark’s first LibreOffice hackfest ever in Open Space Aarhus, our local hackerspace.
To quote what I wrote earlier today:
At the time of writing, there’s 42 registered attendees.
And the good news is: Everyone is welcome!
- The event is taking place at OSAA on September 24, starting at 17:30 hours.
- Just before the event starts, the Aarhus C++ User’s Group will have a brief meeting in the space.
- There will be non-alcoholic drinks, beer and snacks
- Concurrently, there will be a party for the non-hacking LibreOffice community in the Nygaard building just across the street, in the University’s Department of Computer Science.
- Dinner will happen at 19:00 hours in the Nygaard building, for hackers and non-hackers alike. People will be on hand to show you the way.
- Please register for dinner so we can order the food for you!
- After dinner, hacking and socializing will continue until around midnight.
- 17:30 People arrive
- 17:45 Welcome by a member of the hacker space board, introduction to the evening’s themes
- 18:00 Hacking and socializing
- 19:30 Dinner
- 20:00-00:00 Hacking and socializing
Times are approximate.
Do seize the opportunity to work with the hackers from one of the world’s largest FOSS projects!
The hackfest is organized as part of this year’s LibreOffice Conference - and I’m happy that so many conference participants will be coming to meet our vibrant local hackerspace community!
If you’re anywhere near that day: Do come!